Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Great as a side dish or wonderful in omelettes
- 1 package frozen chopped spinach (thawed) or 2 bunches fresh spinach
- 1⁄2 large onion, chopped
- 1 lb mushroom, sliced
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon dried garlic or 2 cloves fresh diced garlic
- 3 tablespoons sour cream
- salt and pepper
- If using fresh spinach, unbundle and soak in a sink full of cold water.
- Swish around and drain water out of the sink.
- This is to remove sand and grit.
- Chop coarsely when ready to cook.
- Drain spinach and steam on medium heat in large pan.
- Meanwhile saute mushrooms, onion and garlic in oil on med-high heat.
- When spinach is tender, drain all remaining water (if any water remains the dish will be too watery) and add mushroom/onions.
- Turn off heat and stir in sour cream, add salt and pepper to taste and mix well.
- Add more sour cream if you wish-- this is up to the cook.
- Serve hot and enjoy!
Wonderful. I used fresh baby spinach because I don't like slimy frozen spinach. I streamlined this by cooking the onions and mushrooms and the adding the fresh uncooked spinach at the end....... cooking it just enough to wilt it. I actually wouldn't recommend frozen spinach or precooking for this recipe. After adding just 1 tbsp of sour cream, I decided that was all that was needed. It was delicious. Thanx!
This is yummy. I used Derf's technique of cooking the spinach right in the pan. I also added a touch of nutmeg.
Awsome is right, wonderful flavour, sooo delicious! Great combination of veggies and the sour cream topped it of perfectly. I used no fat sour cream and fresh spinach. I did not steam the spinach first, just added it to the other veggies in the pan at the end so that it would not be overcooked, then added the sour cream. We enjoyed it very much and will definately make it again, thanks for posting.