1/4 Photos of Creamed spinach with mushrooms and onions
Great as a side dish or wonderful in omelettes
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1If using fresh spinach, unbundle and soak in a sink full of cold water.
- 2Swish around and drain water out of the sink.
- 4This is to remove sand and grit.
- 5Chop coarsely when ready to cook.
- 6Drain spinach and steam on medium heat in large pan.
- 7Meanwhile saute mushrooms, onion and garlic in oil on med-high heat.
- 8When spinach is tender, drain all remaining water (if any water remains the dish will be too watery) and add mushroom/onions.
- 9Turn off heat and stir in sour cream, add salt and pepper to taste and mix well.
- 10Add more sour cream if you wish-- this is up to the cook.
- 11Serve hot and enjoy!
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creamed spinach with mushrooms and onions
Serving Size: 1 (149 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 113.3
- Calories from Fat 81
- Total Fat 9.0 g
- Saturated Fat 2.1 g
- Cholesterol 3.9 mg
- Sodium 11.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 2.7 g
- Protein 4.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
frozen chopped spinach