Creamed Spinach with Bacon & Onions
Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
- 118.29 ml diced bacon
- 118.29 ml minced onion
- 1360.77 g spinach, washed,dried
- salt and pepper
- 354.88 ml cream
- freshly ground nutmeg
- Render the bacon in a dutch oven over moderately low heat until crisp.
- Add the onion and saute until softened.
- Add the spinach and cook, turning and stirring, until just wilted.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Drain the excess liquid into a skillet.
- Add the cream to the skillet, bring to a boil and reduce by half.
- Season with nutmeg.
- Pour over the spinach.