Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
4 medium tomatoes 1 T. butter, unsalted 1/2 medium onion, diced 1 package ( 10-ounces ) frozen creamed spinach, thawed
- Place oven rack about 6-inches from heat. Preheat broiler.
- Cut off 1/4-inch from the stem end of each tomato.
- Scoop out pulp and seeds from the tomatoes.
- Place cut side up in an 8 X 8-inch glass.
- In a nonstick skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add onionand cook until tender. Stir occasionally.
- Stir in the creamed spinach, salt, cayenne, and pepper and cook until mixture simmers. Remove from the heat and add 1/2 cup of the shredded cheese mix well.
- Evenly spoon the mixture into the tomatoes; sprinkle 1/4 cup of the left over cheese. Broil 2 to 3 minutes or until the cheese has melted, and lightly browned.