Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
Found this recipe in local newspaper featuring steakhouse style cooking. Delicious, fast & easy. Try it!
- 453.59 g frozen chopped spinach, thawed, if frozen, excess moisture squeezed out
- 22.18 ml all-purpose flour
- 22.18 ml butter
- 236.59 ml half-and-half
- white pepper, to taste
- Melt butter and add flour.
- Cook until mixture becomes light tan (about 5 minutes) stirring constantly.
- Add the half& half.
- Bring to a low boil and cook, stirring constantly until the sauce thickens.
- Season sauce w/salt& pepper.
- Add spinach to the sauce and cook abt. 5 more minutes to blend flavors.
- Serve hot.
We love spinach, and this was a very good recipe. The cream sauce goes very well with spinach. I did follow your directions exactly. I believe next time I try this, I will add just a touch of lemon juice to the cream sauce to give it a fresh taste. Thanks for sharing this recipe.
It was the first time I made my own creamed spinach and was I pleasantly surprised! Very easy and the kids just loved it! Vivienne (SA)
This recipe was simple and very tasty. I used black pepper instead of white.