Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
I was looking for something different for dinner one night and came across this recipe in Taste of Home's Cooking for 1 or 2. In preparing this recipe I did make some adaptions to suit my taste and my cookware. It suited my mother and myself just fine. I served this warm with a side of cottage cheese and a hot biscuit. Hope you enjoy it as much as we did.
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen spinach
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup half-and-half
- 3⁄4 cup soft breadcrumbs
- In a small bowl microwave spinach until thawed, making sure to drain throughly.
- Add 2Tbsp butter,salt,pepper,cheeses,half& half, eggs.
- Spoon into 9 inch well greased pie plate.
- Melt remaining butter and mix in bread crumbs.
- Sprinkle over the top of pie.
- Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes or until almost set.