Recipe by MinnasMom
Paula Deen's recipe for creamed spinach. Great side to a steak!
Top Review by Caroline Cooks
Totally delicious!! I will never, ever, ever, ever, and I mean never! make creamed spinach without nutmeg again. BTW, used Fat-free Half & Half (I know--Paula would shake her head :) Made for Hail to the Chef Challenge in Cooking Photos.
- 29.58 ml butter
- 14.79 ml olive oil
- 1 vidalia onion, minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 bunch spinach, stemmed and chopped
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1.23 ml freshly ground nutmeg
- 59.14 ml heavy cream
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium saute pan over medium-high heat, melt butter and then add the olive oil.
- Mix in the onions and garlic; cook for 2 minutes until soft. Add the chopped spinach and warm through.
- Add the salt, nutmeg and the heavy cream. Mix well. Cook until liquid reduces by half, roughly 3 to 4 minutes.