Prep 10 mins
Cook 7 mins
This is so easy and delicious it's pitiful. And yes, I pretty much do put lemon pepper in everything but dessert!
- 2 (7 ounce) boxes frozen chopped spinach or 2 (7 ounce) boxes broccoli or 2 (7 ounce) boxesone bunch chard leaves, stems chopped and cooked with the leaves
- 1 (8 ounce) package reduced-fat cream cheese (more or less, depending on how creamy you like your vegetables)
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 3 dashes fresh nutmeg (3 gratings)
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Microwave spinach addording to package directions and drain the spinach well.
- Meanwhile, finely chop the onion and garlic and saute them in the oil.
- Lower the heat, add the spinach, the cream cheese and the seasonings and stir until the cream cheese melts.
- Turn the mixture into a microwaveable- or oven-proof dish and top with the parmesan cheese.
- Heat until cheese melts and serve.
- If any is left over- stir in a beaten egg and top with cheese - microwave until just firm.
made with spinach very good and i also put lemon pepper in almost everything made for Pac fall 2007