Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
A great side dish to make and freeze for later! Great way to get the kids to eat spinach!
- 2 (10 ounce) packagesfresh Baby Spinach
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup low-fat cheddar cheese, grated, divided
- In a pan of water, blanch (until bright green) 2 (10-oz.) packages fresh baby spinach.
- Remove from heat and cool.
- In a large mixing bowl, add and mix together cooled spinach, room temp cream cheese, salt and pepper to taste and 1/2 of cheddar cheese.
- Spoon mixture into a 1 gallon freezer bag.
- Squeeze out as much as you can and then seal the bag.
- In a quart sized freezer bag, add: 1/2 cup cheese, squeeze out air.
- Place the two filled bags into a 2nd gallon sized freezer bag, print this recipe to include in the bag too;seal it. Get all air out.
- Thaw completely.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Pour contents of bag containing spinach mixture into an 8 inch x 8 inch or small pregreased baking dish, spreading evenly.
- Sprinkle the top of the mixture with your grated cheddar cheese from the second bag; cover dish with aluminum foil.
- Bake for 20 minutes then remove foil and cook for an additional 5 minutes or until hot and bubbly.