Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
Awesome creamed spinach recipe, better than Boston market.
Make and share this Creamed Spinach (Boston Market Clone) recipe from Food.com.
- 73.94 ml butter, divided
- 59.14 ml all-purpose flour
- 1.23 ml salt
- 1.23 ml black pepper
- 0.25 ml ground nutmeg
- 236.59 ml half-and-half cream
- 113.39 g cream cheese, low-fat okay
- 1 small onion, minced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 566.99 g pkgs. frozen chopped spinach, thawed
- 59.14 ml water
- 59.14 ml grated parmesan cheese
- -In a 2-quart saucepan over medium-low heat, melt butter 3 Tbls. butter; stir in flour, salt, pepper, and nutmeg; slowly whisk in cream; stir in cream cheese.
- -Increase heat to medium; whisk mixture constantly until thick and smooth; remove from heat and set aside.
- -In a skillet over medium-high heat, cook onions and garlic in remaining 2 Tbls. butter until transparent; stir spinach and water into pan.
- -Reduce heat to medium-low; cover; simmer, stirring occasionally, for 8 minutes.
- -Stir spinach mixture into creamy mixture; return to medium heat; heat, stirring often, until warmed throughout.
- -Remove from heat; fold in Parmesan.
LOVE this recipe. I added a touch more onion and garlic, and a little less Parmesan and I agree...it's better than BM. I also started with the butter, onion, and garlic in the same saucepan, added sauce ingredients, added spinach, and built the entire recipe in there...anything to avoid washing another pan!
This was a hit with my spinach loving older boy. Since it's spinach season here I used fresh, but will make with the frozen variety during winter months. A very good side dish with roasts! Thanks for posting.