A rich and creamy casserole that is quick and easy to put together and to complete the meal add garlic breadsticks and a caesar salad. The original recipe source was Meals.com, however I have modified it to suit our tastes with great results.
- 2 (9 ounce) packagesfresh three cheese tortellini, prepared according to package directions,keep hot
- 3 (9 ounce) packagesstouffer creamed spinach, defrosted according to package directions
- 6 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese or 6 ounces jalapeno jack cheese
- 24 ounces fresh sliced white mushrooms
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 3 twists fresh black pepper
- 10 -12 plum tomatoes, seed and chop 2 cups and reserve the remaining to top casserole
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a large casserole dish.
- Combine pasta, creamed spinach, cheese, mushrooms, garlic and black pepper in a large bowl.
- Transfer mixture into prepared casserole.
- Top with reserved tomatoes, sliced and sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until bubbly and cheese is golden brown.
- (I like to brown slightly under the broiler).
My son and I loved this, and fought over the last few bites! Here are the changes I made, to accomodate our tastes, what I had on hand, and 2 mouths to feed: 1/2 of a 19 oz. pkg frozen cheese tortellini, 1 9oz. pkg. creamed spinach, 1 handful shredded mozzarella, NO mushrooms, 1 Tbsp. chopped garlic, several twists of pepper, 1 lg. regular tomato, parmesan cheese to cover casserole, a couple of shakes of red pepper flakes, AND about 1/2 cup chopped, cooked bacon (cause my son really likes it!). I used a round casserole dish (1 1/2 qt). This variation had a lot of flavor, and was a terrific one-dish meal...thanks for the idea!
Easy and good enough for guests. Did not use mushrooms, hubby hates them and I had to use 2 cups of drained canned diced tomatoes, but no other tweeks. Loved it
This was soooooo good. I used canned drained tomatoes, extra cheese, and I put chopped cooked bacon on top half way through cooking. This is a keeper! Next time I will precook the mushrooms as the were a little under cooked.