A rich and creamy casserole that is quick and easy to put together and to complete the meal add garlic breadsticks and a caesar salad. The original recipe source was Meals.com, however I have modified it to suit our tastes with great results.
- 2 (9 ounce) packagesfresh three cheese tortellini, prepared according to package directions,keep hot
- 3 (9 ounce) packagesstouffer creamed spinach, defrosted according to package directions
- 6 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese or 6 ounces jalapeno jack cheese
- 24 ounces fresh sliced white mushrooms
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 3 twists fresh black pepper
- 10 -12 plum tomatoes, seed and chop 2 cups and reserve the remaining to top casserole
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a large casserole dish.
- Combine pasta, creamed spinach, cheese, mushrooms, garlic and black pepper in a large bowl.
- Transfer mixture into prepared casserole.
- Top with reserved tomatoes, sliced and sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until bubbly and cheese is golden brown.
- (I like to brown slightly under the broiler).