Top Review by Candiss
This was yummy! My hubbie loves creamed spinach, so I had to try this recipe. I used turkey bacon, as we prefer it, and it came out great. There was a ton left, with just the two of us, so I used the extra (about half the recipe) to make a quiche the next night. I put the leftover Creamed Spinach and Bacon in a crust-lined pie plate, covered with 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese, then topped this with a mixture of 4 beaten eggs, 1 cup milk (not half-and-half, as I think this would be too rich with the creaminess of the original recipe,) and a pinch of salt and pepper. Bake at 450 for 15 minutes, then at 300 for about 30-45 minutes. This way, I got two winning dishes from your recipe. Thanks a bunch!
- 2 (10 ounce) packages frozen chopped spinach, thawed
- 4 slices bacon
- 1 small onion, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon Lawry's Seasoned Salt (To taste)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper (to taste)
- 16 fluid ounces milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Drain the spinach well and squeeze out excess moisture with your hands; chop finely and set aside.
- Fry the bacon in heavy skillet until crisp; remove, drain and chop.
- Sauté the onion and garlic in the bacon drippings; add flour, Seasoned Salt and pepper and blend thoroughly.
- Slowly add the milk, stirring constantly until thickened.
- Add the spinach and bacon; heat through and serve.