Recipe by Sauce Lover
I worked at Lawry's the Prime Rib on restaurant row in Los Angeles for many years. This is the recipe they gave out for their famous creamed spinach. Fabulous! Even better if you use heavy cream rather than the half and half and I always add a touch of sugar too!
Top Review by Deb G
My DH and I enjoyed this delicious recipe. Spinach + bacon + cream---how could it not be good? I prepared it as directed except that I had no green onions or seasoned pepper and substituted Vidalia ones and regular black pepper. Our bacon was salty, so it was too salty for us, so we did need to add the sugar. Next time (and there will be next times) I will start with less Lawry's salt and add if needed. Thanks for a really nice change from plain or creamed spinach.
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach
- 2 slices bacon, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped green and white onion
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon Lawry's Seasoned Salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Lawry's Seasoned Pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄4 cup half-and-half or 1⁄4 cup heavy cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook spinach according to package directions, squeeze thoroughly to remove all water. Fry bacon and onions together until onions are tender, about 10 minutes. Remove from heat. Add flour, seasoned salt, seasoned pepper and garlic. Blend thoroughly. Slowly add half and half or cream, return to heat and stir until thickened. Add spinach and mix thoroughly. Adjust seasonings if needed. If too salty, add some sugar. If you like nutmeg, that makes a nice addition too.