Recipe by Wing-Man
This is from Lawry's website. They are famous for their prime rib. I was very surprised at the ingredients since after eating it I thought it was full of fat and cholesterol. NOT! Enjoy.
Top Review by ed #2
This was easy to prepare and very good. I tried it as written and substituting 1 part cream to 3 parts whole milk and it was great both ways. We've fixed this many times and it always goes fast.
- 2 (10 ounce) packages frozen chopped spinach, thawed
- 5 slices bacon
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons Lawry's Seasoned Salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper (or to taste)
- 2 cups milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Drain spinach well and squeeze out excess moisture with hands; chop finely and set aside.
- Fry bacon in heavy skillet until crisp; remove, drain and chop.
- Sauté onion and garlic in bacon drippings.
- add flour, Lawry’s Seasoned Salt and pepper.
- Blend thoroughly.
- Slowly add milk, stirring constantly.
- until thickened.
- Add spinach and bacon; heat thoroughly.
- For a healthier, but still very tasty version I microwaved the bacon wrapped in paper towels and used 1 tbs Smart Choice oil to saute.