Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 cup onion, minced
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups half-and-half
- 1 1⁄2 lbs Baby Spinach, rinsed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄2 tablespoon butter
- melt butter over medium heat.
- add onions and cook until soft.
- Add the flour, stir until golden brown.
- Add the half and half.
- Simmer until sauce has thickened enough to coat the back of a spoon.
- Add the spinach in two parts, covered, each for four minutes.
- Stir until wilted.
- Add salt, pepper, and nutmeg.
- Use a stick blender to lightly puree.
- Dot with remaining butter.
I'm sorry but this recipe just did not work for me,maybe I did something wrong, But I followed the recipe exactly.my sauce did not thicken enough,and my spinach was still tough. Again I am sorry,darlene