Recipe by Oliver1010
This recipe is from my mother, Mildred Unger, who made it at Christmas for many years. It was a real family favorite. Like everything else, bacon makes spinach even better.
Top Review by flower7
This was fast and easy. I used light sour cream and cut the nutmeg down (did not measure, just used what tasted good). After tasting, I added a spoonful of light cream cheese which made it perfect for me. Thanks for sharing! [Made for Spring 2013 Pick A Chef]
- 113.39 g thick slab bacon, diced
- 2 (566.99 g) package frozen chopped spinach
- 236.59 ml sour cream
- 4.92 ml nutmeg
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute diced bacon slowly until crisp, pouring off collected fat.
- Cook and drain spinach according to directions on package.
- Add spinach and sour cream to bacon and simmer 5-10 minutes.
- Add nutmeg and serve.
- This is better tasting if made the day before needed.