Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This recipe has pancetta and fontina cheese.
- 3 slices pancetta, chopped
- 1 cup onion, minced
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 lbs baby spinach leaves
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 2 ounces Fontina cheese, grated
- Cook pancetta; remove when crisp.
- Add onion then garlic; cook until clear; remove.
- Add spinach; cover and cook down on low.
- Add flour to milk; pour over spinach.
- Add the onions, bacon, and garlic; cook until thick.
- Top with Fontina cheese; cover until cheese melts.
Other than using bacon, I stuck to recipe, this is a very nice creamed spinach, came out perfectly and we enjoyed it as a very good side-dish! I normally put a pinch of nutmeg in my spinach, didn't do that here but might next time, simply because I like it.Thank you Dienia, lovely recipe, made for PRMR tag game.