Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
- 8 slices bacon
- 1 medium onion, chopped finely
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups skim milk
- 2 (10 ounce) packages frozen chopped spinach, cooked and drained
- Fry bacon in pan until crisp.
- Remove from pan, crumble and reserve.
- Add onions to pan and cook until tender.
- Add garlic and cook for a few more minutes.
- Add flour and mix well.
- Gradually add in 1 and 1/2 cups milk and cook over low heat, stirring constantly until mixture thickens.
- Add spinach and bacon pieces and mix well.