Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
makes spinach a good thing to eat
- 2 lbs fresh spinach, washed and tough stems removed
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- bring a pot of salted water to a boil over high heat.
- Add the spinach and cook for 2 minutes.
- Drain in a fine mesh strainer, pressing with a large spoon to release as much water as possible.
- Finely chop and set aside.
- Melt the butter in medium saute pan over medium-high heat.
- Add the shallots and garlic and cook, stirring, until soft and fragrant, about 2 minutes.
- Add the spinach and cook, stirring, just until the liquid is released.
- Add the cream, salt, pepper, and nutmeg, and cook until the cream is reduced by half, about 4 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and serve immediately.
This was easy and delicious! We made it with frozen spinach which we thawed in the microwave instead of fresh. This is a keeper!
YUM! an easy and unique way to eat spinach! Everyone loved it!
Wonderful recipe! I added some cream cheese and didn't drain the spinach, I cooked it until most of the moisture evaporated .. thanks for posting!