Prep 7 mins
Cook 10 mins
Very quick and easy creamed spinach that tastes great.
- 500 g frozen spinach
- 1⁄2 cup light cream
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons cream cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chicken stock
- 1 cup parmesan cheese
- Cook time reflects the total cook time if you boil spinach and it is not already thawed.
- Either thaw spinach or you can boil (also fresh may be used I use frozen in this to save on time, you don't have to wash and chop it down.) If boiling spinach drain and rinse under cold water to cool, then take spinach in handfuls and squeeze out all excess water and place in microwave safe bowl. If you thawed the spinach just make sure all excess liquid is squeezed out.
- Add the half cup of cream and chicken stock and microwave for 1 minute on high, remove and stir. Add the cream cheese and mix, again cook for one minute on high. Remove from microwave and stir, add the Parmesan in about 3 lots, melting in the microwave after each addition. Finally once cheese has melted just make sure heated through.
- This process can also be done on the stove in a saucepan, I just find it quicker in the microwave you can also make this ahead of time as it reheats fine.
- For a photo visit http://the-best-recipes.blogspot.com/.
I had never had creamed spinach before, but will more often now! This is really good. Creamy and cheesy! Great stuff! Sure beats that greenish-brown canned stuff I hated growing up! :) The microwave makes this easy! Thanks for a new addition to my repertoire.
Vous avez chatouille mes papilles gustatives. (Mom, did I get that right?) Made for Ed'n 8 Make My Recipe