Recipe by SherryKaraoke
I created this recipe one evening when I wanted something just a little bit special to serve my husband. It's so simple, yet tastes so very rich.
Top Review by CookBrooke31
I was very hopeful for this recipe, but it was a "fail" for me. :o( It's only my fault for not knowing that if you put too much heat to yogurt it will curdle. I used Greek yogurt and added it to my cooked fresh spinach, THEN (about 15 seconds later) turned the heat off. I was bummed because creamed spinach is one of my favorites and this ended up like spinach with cottage cheese mixed in. I'll try again, though!
- 1 box frozen spinach
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 118.29 ml drained yogurt, , plain
- 29.58 ml fresh, grated parmesan cheese (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- I keep drained yogurt available in my fridge all the time.
- I use a coffee filter and a wire strainer.
- I usually drain it over night, but even a half hour makes a big difference.
- Once you drain the yogurt, it becomes very thick and much less tart.
- Cook spinach according to package directions.
- While it cooks, saute chopped onions until slightly browned.
- Drain spinach well and combine with all other ingredients while still hot.