Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is DH's favorite vegetable side dish. His sister makes this any time he asks for it.
- 20 ounces frozen chopped spinach
- 3⁄4 cup white sauce (see below)
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vegetable bouillon cubes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- White Sauce: Melt butter, add flour and milk. Stir until thick.
- Cook spinach according to directions.
- Mix white sauce, sour cream, onion powder, boullion and salt in a large bowl.
- Combine with spinach and pour into a casserole dish.
- Cover with grated Parmesan.
- Bake at 350 F for 20 minutes.
- Serve hot.
I am a spinach lover so I really enjoyed this! I used a large bag of freshly steamed spinach and added only half cup of sour cream (seemed right with my ratio of spinach). I used evaporated milk and this made a rich white sauce. This was delicious and I happily ate it myself over a couple of days. Thanks Hadice! Roxygirl
:) I'm so happy to know that my brother likes my spinach! I wish my hubby liked it as much as he does
This was so much better tasting than I expected! My family fought over who would get second helpings.