Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
A different way to serve spinach, People who do not like spinach, seem to really like this way of serving it.
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of celery soup
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 4 tablespoons butter or 4 tablespoons margarine
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- salt and pepper
- 20 ounces frozen chopped spinach, cooked and drained
- 1 small onion, diced
- in a saucepan, on medium heat,stir together.
- with wire whisk soup, flour, butter, garlic salt,and salt and pepper until smooth and pipping hot.
- add spinach and onion, stir till combined.
I don't care for spinach, but this was definitely tasty. It was very easy and didn't take long to make. I will definitely make it again.
I really liked the taste and colour of this recipe. Very unique and good. I always like different veggie recipes and this filled the bill. Thank you Jean.
I love this recipe and can't believe I have not yet posted a review! I follow the recipe as written, except that I add parmesan cheese when adding the spinach and onion. I then sprinkle a bit of parmesan cheese and breadcrumbs on top and bake in the oven until the "crust" is golden brown. This way definitely adds fat/calories, but tastes great! We like the leftovers (if there are any!) in eggs in the morning. Thanks for posting!