Recipe by Charlotte J
This cream soup substitute has less calories, fat and sodium than your canned ones from the store.
Top Review by KathyShu
What a great recipe find! I like the light flavor of the generic soup, which allows you to flavor it to match the recipe you need it in. I sauted chopped mushrooms and added to the mix for a great cream of mushroom base. I then used it as a cover for baked pork chops - good stuff!!
- 2 cups powdered milk
- 3⁄4 cup cornstarch
- 1⁄4 cup instant chicken bouillon
- 2 tablespoons dried onion flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme, crushed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon basil, crushed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all ingredients, mix well and store in an air-tight container.
- To Prepare one can of substitute----------------.
- Stir together 1/3 cup dry mix and 1 1/4 cups water in a saucepan.
- Cook and stir until thickened.
- This will substitute for one can of condensed cream soup in your recipes.