Prep 5 mins
Cook 8 mins
This is one of those wonderful dishes that can be whipped up in less than 15 minutes. The recipe itself is very simple, and other than the shrimp, the ingredients are inexpensive. Enjoy!
- 1 lb cooked shrimp (scallops work, too)
- 1 lb spaghetti (any pasta will do)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (any oil works)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups milk (or 1C milk, 1C chicken stock)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1 tablespoon parsley flakes
- 2 bunches broccoli, cut into florets
- Once shrimp are cleaned and de-veined, set them aside in a bowl.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. When boiling, add a teaspoon of salt and throw in the pasta. Cook exactly 8 minutes.
- While the pasta is cooking, make the sauce. In a huge skillet, heat the oil, crushed garlic, and cayenne over medium heat until the garlic is tender, but NOT BROWN!
- Whisk in the flour and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Cook for about 2 minutes.
- Gently whisk in the milk. Bring the skillet to a boil and allow the sauce to cook for one minute, whisking constantly.
- Reduce heat to low and add the shrimp, parsley flakes, and broccoli. Cook thoroughly until the shrimp is hot and the broccoli is tender.
- Drain the cooked pasta and put it directly into the big skillet with the sauce, tossing to coat. Serve!
This was easy to make and tasted good. Shrimp, pasta, and broccoli...a good combination.