Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Serve this rich shellfish entree with a side of garlic mashed potatoes and sauteed artichoke hearts tossed with lemon juice. Recipe source, Cookinglight.timeinc.net
- 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1 cup sliced green onion
- 1 1⁄2 lbs bay scallops
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄8-1⁄4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups frozen whole kernel corn, thawed (also good with peas)
- 1⁄2 cup whole milk
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 dash soy sauce (optional)
- Melt margarine over medium-high heat in a large non-stick skillet.
- Add green onions and scallops, saute 3 minutes.
- Add flour, basil, salt, thyme, and red pepper, stirring until blended.
- Stir in corn, milk, and tomatoes (dash of soy); bring to a boil, and cook 2 minutes or until slightly thick, stirring constantly.
Very Good recipe. I used olive oil instead of margarine and also added finely chopped garlic as well as extra soy sauce. I served it over brown rice and it made a tasty meal.
Great new way to eat bay scallops. I enjoyed the combination of ingredients. I did use the optional soy sauce, but I just thought it needed a bit more flavor, so I added some tarragon, garlic and extra soy sauce. I will make this again. Thanx for a new bay scallop recipe!