Recipe by Gail Blue Eyes
I found this one in TOH Quick Cook and adapted for my family's taste. A family favorite.
Top Review by Sage
I just made this for lunch for 2; I cut down all the ingredients and made it in the microwave.It was wonderful; reminded me of something my mother used to make.Thanks for sharing and bringing back memories. Sage/Rita
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 2 cups milk
- 1 (14 3/4 ounce) can salmon, drained,skin and bones removed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt, to taste
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper, to taste
- 6 slices bread, toasted
Directions See How It's Made
- Over medium heat, melt the butter in a large saucepan.
- Add in flour and stir until smooth; add in onions.
- Stir in milk gradually.
- Bring mixture to a boil while stirring constantly.
- Cook and continue stirring for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Lower heat.
- Add in salmon and salt and pepper; stir to combine.
- Cook about 10-12 more minutes or until well heated.
- Serve over toast.