Fast comfort food best served over white rice, toasted bread, a hot biscuit or puff pastry. Great meal from the pantry.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Melt butter in a large pan, add flour and cook over medium heat until light brown and pasty (1-2 minutes).
- 2Slowly add milk and whisk until all flour bits are broken up. Continue to whisk while milk comes to a boil and thickens, and add salt and pepper to taste.
- 3When cream sauce is slightly thickened, add salmon and peas and continue to cook until sauce is thickened up and the salmon and peas are heated through. Stir in lemon juice and dill.
- 4Serve over hot white rice, toasted bread, a hot biscuit or puff pastry.
Browse Our Top Saltwater Fish Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Saltwater Fish Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creamed Salmon and Peas
Serving Size: 1 (254 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 267.8
- Calories from Fat 111
- Total Fat 12.3 g
- Saturated Fat 6.0 g
- Cholesterol 80.2 mg
- Sodium 154.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 2.0 g
- Protein 25.7 g