Recipe by KissKiss
Fast comfort food best served over white rice, toasted bread, a hot biscuit or puff pastry. Great meal from the pantry.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄4 cups milk
- salt and pepper
- 14 3⁄4 ounces salmon, drained and picked free of bones and skin
- 1 cup canned peas
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried dill
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in a large pan, add flour and cook over medium heat until light brown and pasty (1-2 minutes).
- Slowly add milk and whisk until all flour bits are broken up. Continue to whisk while milk comes to a boil and thickens, and add salt and pepper to taste.
- When cream sauce is slightly thickened, add salmon and peas and continue to cook until sauce is thickened up and the salmon and peas are heated through. Stir in lemon juice and dill.
- Serve over hot white rice, toasted bread, a hot biscuit or puff pastry.