Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
This makes a can of salmon go a little further.
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- salt and pepper
- 1 (7 1/2 ounce) can red salmon
- Toasted Bagels, Buns, or Bread.
- Make a white sauce by gently melting the butter first, then stir in the flour.
- Slowly add the milk and using a whisk, stir until smooth.
- Add salt and pepper and gently boil to thicken.
- Drain the salmon and take out the bones and/or skin if desired.
- Stir the salmon into the white sauce and heat thru.
- Serve over Toast or your favorite toasted bread item.
- Also great with side dishes of vegetables, potatoes, or rice.
I would make the white sauce with something like Kentucky Kernals flour mixture (seasoned), add frozen green peas and after plating, top with chopped hard boiled egg.
This was quick and easy to do. I found, however, that there was either too much white sauce or not enough salmon. I also fine white sauce to be too bland. I think the next time I make it I'd use a cream of asparagus, broccoli or even mushroom soup. A good recipe to expand upon.