Recipe by Sharon123
An English recipe that is easy and yummy! Also enjoyed in the Northeast, Mid Atlantic, Mid West
Top Review by Annacia
I may of created a monster by making this. DH is raving, he thinks it's the best rice pudding he has ever had. It's a bit fussier than I usually make with whipping the cream and all. It makes a rice pudding thats worthy of being a holiday dessert. Very rich and creamy with tender rice and a extravagant taste and mouth feel. DH votes it a 100% winner and says I can make more tomorrow if I would be so kind. I wish I had red glass dessert dishes . It would be so pretty in them and the drizzle of syrup makes the presentation picture perfect.
- 1⁄2 cup rice
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup maple syrup
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the rice and milk in a heavy-bottomed saucepan with a lid. Bring to a boil; watch until this happens. Turn the heat to simmer, cover the pot and check it after about 10 minutes. Gently stir the rice with a fork. You want the rice to absorb all of the milk and get tender in the process. This shouldn't take more than 20 to 25 minutes. Check often and be patient.
- When the rice is tender, remove saucepan from the heat. Let it cool. Pour the cream into a mixing bowl and add the sugar, vanilla and salt, stir and taste. Add another spoonful of sugar if it isn't sweet enough for you. Beat the cream until it holds stiff peaks. Stir the cream into the rice.
- Serve in small bowls and drizzle a little maple syrup on top. Heat the syrup first, if you'd like.