Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
A diffrent way to eat radishes.
- 1 1⁄2 cups large strong radishes
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons butter
- salt and pepper
- Wash, pare, and slice the radishes.
- Boil until tender.
- Melt butter in seperate saucepan.
- Whisk in flour.
- Add in milk, salt, and pepper.
- Bring to a boil.
- Combine radishes and sauce and serve.
I never ate hot cooked radishes before. They are great! The radishes lose their "bite" when cooked, and take on a great, mild flavor. It's kinda like a cross between a potato and cauliflower. If you closed your eyes, you wouldn't guess it was radishes. I added some finely chopped onion to the butter as I made the sauce. I think the "cook time" is overstated a bit; the radishes cook quickly. I'll make this again. Thanx for a new, unique side dish!