My mother had made creamed potatoes all my life and I loved them so much. That particular day I was so proud of making them all by myself (with a few suggestions from my uncle), that until this day I still remember how proud I was!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In large pot, boil peeled, and rinsed potatoes, diced with salt added to water.
- 215 to 20 minutes later, drain well and place in same pot.
- 3Beat on medium speed mixer until all lumps are gone from potatoes.
- 4Add butter and mix for a minute.
- 5Finally, add warmed milk slowly, over low fire, adding a little at a time until right consistency.
- 6Stir well over low fire just until hot once more.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creamed potatoes as taught to me by my uncle
Serving Size: 1 (150 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 332.1
- Calories from Fat 159
- Total Fat 17.7 g
- Saturated Fat 11.1 g
- Cholesterol 46.3 mg
- Sodium 613.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.0 g
- Sugars 1.7 g
- Protein 4.0 g