Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
My mother had made creamed potatoes all my life and I loved them so much. That particular day I was so proud of making them all by myself (with a few suggestions from my uncle), that until this day I still remember how proud I was!
- In large pot, boil peeled, and rinsed potatoes, diced with salt added to water.
- 15 to 20 minutes later, drain well and place in same pot.
- Beat on medium speed mixer until all lumps are gone from potatoes.
- Add butter and mix for a minute.
- Finally, add warmed milk slowly, over low fire, adding a little at a time until right consistency.
- Stir well over low fire just until hot once more.
This is the way my Mom has always made them, and she has always called them creamed potatoes (where most of the world calls them mashed potatoes). She usually reserves a bit of the cooking liquid and uses it to beat the potatoes. This way less milk and butter is used so they have a bit less fat and calories. Thanks for posting!