Recipe by 352lillian
5-Ingredient Fix Contest Entry. A short cut to a oven gratin of potatoes in a creamy sauce accented with the tang of oat cheese.
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups milk
- 6 cups Simply Potatoes Diced Potatoes with Onion, thawed
- 4 ounces goat cheese, crumbled
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Melt butter in medium saucepan over medium heat. Stir in flour until smooth; cook 1 minute, stirring constantly. Stir in milk, 1 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Bring to a boil, stirring frequently. Reduce heat; simmer 1 minute or until thickened, stirring frequently.
- Spray 2-quart baking dish with non-stick cooking spray. Spoon 1/2 cup sauce into bottom of baking dish. Place half the potatoes over sauce; top with half the remaining sauce and the goat cheese. Repeat with remaining sauce and potatoes. Bake 25 minutes, or until bubbly and golden brown.