Recipe by Huskergirl
I this at a friends house and it was great. She gave me a list of ingredients and this is what I came up with. It is great as pheasant works well with dove breasts and chicken breast with or without skin. Great with rice or noodles. Serve with a salad and rolls for a great meal.
Top Review by kdenton
After reading the 2 reviews on this recipe I thought I would add a little more flavour. To the original ingredients I added a chorizo (bacon would be good as well), a chicken stock cube, mushrooms, garlic and about 1tbs lemon juice and approx 1 cup water. I think this recipe would also work very well by replacing all the milk with water. It was very tasty.
- 2 lbs pheasants (or chicken)
- 1 onion (diced)
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1 (12 ounce) container sour cream
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon parsley or 1 tablespoon dill
Directions See How It's Made
- In skillet heat canola oil ( or oil of your choice) fry pheasant in oil until for 7 minutes each side. Remove from skillet and keep warm.
- Add flour to dripping and cook for 3 to 5 minutes, then whisk in milk parsley and salt & pepper to taste.
- Bring to boil and then reduce heat and simmer.
- Add sour cream stirring in and then add pheasant back into gravy, just heat through, do not boil or sour cream will curdle.