Not too creamy, just enough to hold everything together.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a medium saucepan,over medium heat, cook bacon until crispy.
- 2Do not drain fat.
- 3Add onion and mushrooms to the pan and saute with the bacon until the mushrooms begin to"sweat" (shrink and lose their juice).
- 4Combine the cornstarch with one tablespoon of the half and half and stir to make a thin paste.
- 5Add to vegetable mixture and stir.
- 6Add the rest of the half and half and continue stirring until it begins to simmer, then add the frozen peas and dill weed.
- 7Return to a simmer and cook until sauce thickens, about another minute.
- 8Add salt and pepper to taste.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creamed Peas With Mushrooms and Bacon
Serving Size: 1 (157 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 193.8
- Calories from Fat 104
- Total Fat 11.5 g
- Saturated Fat 4.7 g
- Cholesterol 22.7 mg
- Sodium 237.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.6 g
- Sugars 5.0 g
- Protein 8.0 g