Recipe by Bobbie
I've had this recipe for years. The green from the peas and the red skins on the potatoes make a very attractive (and delicious) side dish. It is outstanding served with salmon and a wonderful addition to a meat loaf meal. And best of all -- it's quite easy to prepare.
Top Review by Lucky in Bayview
I've never had potatoes like this before. They were really good!I had to use dried dill, I bet fresh would be so good. I like the suggestion of another reviewer about adding pearl onions for a little extra texture. Thanks for sharing this delicious, comfort food recipe.
- 4 medium red potatoes, cubed
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen peas
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill, minced
Directions See How It's Made
- Place potatoes in saucepan, cover with water and cook until tender.
- Cook peas according to package directions, adding the sugar.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan; add flour, salt and pepper to form a paste.
- Gradually add the milk. Bring to a boil; boil for 1 minute -- stirring often. Add dill; cook until thickened and bubbly.
- Drain potatoes and peas and return to one saucepan. Pour sauce over; stir to combine.
- Serve immediately. Garnish with a sprig of fresh dill if desired.