1/1 Photo of Creamed Peas and Onions
From Cooking Light, this sounds like it would be a great side dish during the holidays.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Shell and wash peas; set aside.
- 2Remove outer skin from onions.
- 3Combine peas and onions in a large saucepan; add water to cover.
- 4Bring to a boil, and cook 10 minutes or until peas are tender.
- 5Drain and set aside.
- 6Add milk and next 4 ingredients to saucepan; stir well.
- 7Bring to a boil, and cook 1 minute or until thickened, stirring constantly.
- 8Return peas and onions to saucepan; stir well.
- 9Yield: 3 servings (serving size: 1 cup).
Browse Our Top Onions Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creamed Peas and Onions
Serving Size: 1 (434 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 326.6
- Calories from Fat 51
- Total Fat 5.7 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 4.0 mg
- Sodium 289.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 53.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 14.7 g
- Sugars 22.6 g
- Protein 17.9 g