Recipe by *Parsley*
A yummy way to enjoy peas. Delicious with fresh peas when they're in season.
Top Review by johnwwwatson
I make my version of this often it's my go to quick comfort meal that I serve on top of mashed potatoes or white rice. Imagine you're real tired but real hungry and you're looking for something quick and easy but not fast food.
- 2 1⁄2 cups frozen peas
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms, quartered
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 3⁄4 cup half-and-half (or evaporated milk)
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon savory
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook frozen peas according to package directions; set aside and keep warm.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet over medium low heat saute the green onions and the mushrooms in the butter until just soft, about 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle flour into the pan; stir. Gradually add in milk stirring constantly to make a smooth sauce.
- Add seasonings and continue stirring until sauce is thickened and smooth.
- Add cooked peas to sauce in pan and heat through.