Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Just a really great side dish.
- 5 carrots, cubed
- 10 ounces fresh peas or 10 ounces frozen peas
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- Cook carrots in water to cover until tender.
- Add peas; cook 5 more minutes.
- Melt butter in saucepan.
- Add flour, salt, and pepper.
- Slowly stir in milk.
- Bring to a boil, boil 1 minute.
- Drain carrots and peas, mix with creamed mixture.
- Heat through.
- Put in serving bowl; sprinkle with paprika.
A great way to 'dress up' carrots & peas. Like others have suggested next time I may add a little garlic and/or some grated parmesan cheese just for a change. Thanks for posting another keeper. :) JenT
Great tasting, great colours. I plan on making this for our Christmas dinner. Served it with roast chicken, delicious. Thanks for posting. =)
Such a pretty dish! And it tastes lovely too. I scaled this recipe down to 1 serving without difficulty, and followed the instructions to the last word. I like my veggies crunchy, so I cooked them for a little less time. The white sauce accentuates the natural flavours of the veggies to perfection, and adds that bit of creamy "satisfaction". Next time, like Manda, I'll try some garlic powder as well. Thanks Inez!