Recipe by pondfrogs
my grandma used to make these all the time. my youngest son just loves them! try to keep the pea liquid and half and half equal. you may need to use a little more or less half and half. you can wisk in a little bit of flour to thicken them to your desired consistency. can use whole milk instead of half and half but won't be as creamy.
Top Review by DeCielo
Looks good... I usually do either frozen or canned peas myself. GaylaV... I believe if you cook frozen peas, then store them in the fridge overnight, heat them up on the stove the next night and they would be good for creaming at that point. Just a thought
- 1 (16 ounce) can peas
- 1⁄2 cup half-and-half
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon Hungarian paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon flour (or to desired consistency)
Directions See How It's Made
- drain peas-reserve liquid.
- add liquid and half and half in sauce pan.
- bring to boil-stirring constantly.
- add peas.
- add pepper and paprika.
- slowly wisk in flour to desired consistency.
- lower heat to slow simmer-continue stirring frequently to desired temperature.