Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Years ago, I took a business trip to Spokane, Wa. I had dinner at the home of my client and his wife served a creamed onion side dish that I absolutely fell in love with it. This sounds like it might be very close to that dish. From the American Heart Association Cookbook.
- Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Add flour and stir until well blended.
- Add milk gradually.
- Reduce heat to low and cook, stirring constantly, until mixture has thickened.
- Drain onions and add to sauce.
- Season with pepper and nutmeg.
- Serve hot.