Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
Oysters and mushrooms are a good combo. (But then oysters go with anything at anytime don't they?) This can be a "light" lunch or a dinner with rice and vegetables.
- 1⁄4 lb mushroom, cut into 1/4" slices
- 1 large shallot, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons dry white wine
- 3⁄4 cup whole milk
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 1 dash Tabasco sauce
- 12 shucked oysters, , or defrosted frozen oysters
- 2 slices good bread (thick slices)
- Cook mushrooms and shallots in butter over medium heat in a 2 quart pan.
- Cook until mushroom liquid has evaporated and mushrooms are golden, about 10 or so minutes.
- Add wine and bring to a boil.
- Mix flour, tabasco& milk, add to mushroom mixture with the cream.
- Simmer and stir occasionally until slightly thickened about 3 minutes.
- Add oysters, simmer until edges curl, about 3 minutes.
- Toast bread and serve oysters and mushrooms on top.
This is nice when you're in the mood for oysters and want something different. I used fresh shucked oysters and used half and half in place of heavy cream. I found it to be just a tad bland, so I upped the hot sauce and stirred in some prepared horseradish and that really did the trick. Thanx for posting!
Love both oysters and mushrooms, these were wonderful, only thing I changed was the milk, only had 2%, I don't think it made much difference because I switched - used 3/4 cup heavy cream and 1/2 cup 2%, it seemed to make up for the 2%, in any case, this was a great supper, Thanks for a great taste treat!! Dorothy