Recipe by carrie sheridan
The wine and chicken broth make this more special - from Susan Branch's Christmas From The Heart Of The Home book
- 1 pint tiniest white pearl onion, peeled and trimmed
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter (Kerry Irish Gold)
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine (Fish Eye pinot grigio)
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon white pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon minced parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large covered skillet, simmer peeled onions in butter, broth and wine for about 20 minutes, until tender.
- Add cream and boil uncovered 4-5 minutes until slightly thickened.
- Stir in salt, white pepper and nutmeg.
- Pour into serving dish and sprinkle with parsley.