Prep 25 mins
Cook 0 mins
So creamy and so good! I use fresh thyme and tarragon. I think this came from an old TOH.
- 2 1⁄2 lbs unpeeled small red potatoes, cut into 1-inch slices
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, cubed
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 bunch green onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- Place potatoes in saucepan and cover with water; add salt.
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat and cover and cook for 15-20 minutes or until tender.
- Meanwhile in another saucepan, combine the cream cheese and buttermilk; cook and stir ove rmedium heat until cheese is melted and mixture is smooth.
- Remove from the heat and add the onions, thyme, tarragon and pepper.
- Drain potatoes and place in a serving bowl; add cream sauce and toss to coat.
- Sprinkle with parsley.
Nice recipe - used little new red skinned-yellow fleshed taters & full fat buttermilk. Wonderful flavors & mouth feel. Used dried herbs - will make again using fresh when the tarragon is larger & thyme is spreading wildly. Came together fast - would make a great side for fish, fowl or even pork. Had it tonight with braised kale & no meat - awesome too! Thanks for a delicious recipe using my old friend buttermilk in a new way.
Very, very good and looks good too. Family and guests raved about this. Only change, quartered potatoes and only boiled about 10 minutes til done. This is a good company dish, tastes great and looks as if you went to a lot of trouble! Love it, Thanks pines506
What a great potato recipe!! We loved these. They are so creamy and the flavor combination is great. I followed the recipe exactly, except I added the green onions and herbs into the cream mixture AS I was heating it. Thanx for sharing this yummy recipe. We'll be eating these often.