Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
One of the first things that I started making as a teenager. This recipe is a little different from the others because of the addition of cream cheese which makes it even creamier and delicious.
- 4 slices whole wheat bread or 4 slices white bread
- 250 g button mushrooms, cleaned and sliced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 100 ml cream
- 3 tablespoons cream cheese
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 green chili
- 1⁄2 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- Heat butter and oil together in a frying pan.
- Add garlic , saute until golden.
- Add mushrooms, saute on high heat, turning several times until golden.
- Add the cream. Stir and lower the flame.
- When cream starts to bubble and thicken, turn the stove off.
- Add the cheese spread. Season with salt, pepper and parsley.
- The mushrooms, cheese and cream should be a thick mass.
- Toast the slices of bread and top with the mushroom mixture.
- Garnish with parsley and serve warm.