1/1 Photo of Creamed Mushrooms on Multigrain Toast
For breakfast, brunch, lunch, or a light dinner.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 large shallot, minced
- 1 1/4 lbs wild mushrooms or 1 1/4 lbs button mushrooms, sliced
- 3/4 cup chicken stock
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground white pepper (or to taste)
- 4 slices multigrain bread, toasted
- 1Melt the butter in a saute pan over medium heat; add in the shallots.
- 2Stir/saute 1-2 minutes or until the shallot begins to soften.
- 3Stir in the mushrooms; cook 6-8 minutes or until they are limp and have given up much of their liquid.
- 4Add in the stock, cream, salt, and pepper; cook until the liquid reduces by about half.
- 5Arrange toast on 4 plates; top each with an equal portion of mushrooms and sauce.
- 6Dust with paprika and serve.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creamed Mushrooms on Multigrain Toast
Serving Size: 1 (248 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 281.7
- Calories from Fat 235
- Total Fat 26.1 g
- Saturated Fat 15.9 g
- Cholesterol 85.3 mg
- Sodium 380.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 3.1 g
- Protein 6.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: