Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
I love morel mushrooms and at this time of year we can find them wild. I found this recipe and want to try it as soon as I can horde enough morels. They do not last long in the house. You can use other fresh mushrooms of your choice, I would not use all button mushrooms unless that is all you can get. Great as a side dish or as a main vegetarian dish over noodles.
- 1 lb mushroom (about 1 lb)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 onion, small, chopped
- 1 (12 ounce) container sour cream
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill or 1 tablespoon dried dill
- In a non stick pan add butter and melt then add onions do not brown just cook until transparent (5 minutes), then add mushrooms cook another 3 minutes.
- After mushrooms soak up all the butter add sour cream and dill, and then flavor with salt and pepper to taste.
- Bring to boil and then reduce to simmer and cook for 1 minute.
Yummy mushrooms! I used baby bellas and button mushrooms. My sour cream was reduced-fat and it worked very well for this recipe. You really have to like dill (which I do) to enjoy this. Thanx for a simple, delicious way to fix mushrooms.
I made a half recipe of these for lunch today. Had baby portabellos so that was what I used although they were big enough that I had to quarter them. I used butter and a little bacon grease cause it just seemed the thing to do at the time. It did take longer than 3 minutes to soak up the butter but no biggie. Added my sour cream and only a little dill (not the biggest fan) and it was good. I had mine with toast too. If I had rice our noodles around, possibly would have served them with the mushrooms. Trying to think where I would serve this in the future. Made for my Babes for ZWT4. Thanks for sharing.
Yum. I scaled this down to one serving and made for my lunch. Delicious. The sour cream and dill really complemented the mushrooms nicely. I cooked the mushrooms quite a bit longer than the 3 minutes, only because I like all their liquid to evaporate and the mushrooms to get dry again. Probably not the intent of the recipe, but it suited me just fine. :-) Ate with a slice of toast and was very happy.