Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
A stove top side that's just plain good.
- 4 bacon, slices
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 2 (10 ounce) packages frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1⁄4 grated parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper
- Cook bacon until crisp; drain and crumble.
- To the bacon drippings, add onion and garlic. Saute until tender.
- Add flour and stir 2 minutes. Gradually whisk in milk and let thicken. Add chopped spinach, lemon juice and zest, heating through.
- Stir in Parmesan cheese, bacon and adjust seasonings to taste.
i only added 16 oz. but it still turned out quite well...thank you
Can the fat and calorie count on this be right?!! I sure hope so, because I'm on a diet and loved having bacon and cheese and milk......things I really shouldn't be having! This is delicious. I halved the recipe, and my serving size was 1/4 of that, but have no fear, I'll take care of the leftovers!!! Thanks for sharing!
A tasty side, Gail....The only change I made was to use fresh spinach instead of frozen. Thnx for posting. Made for KcK's Forum.