- 4 bacon, slices
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 2 (10 ounce) packages frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1⁄4 grated parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook bacon until crisp; drain and crumble.
- To the bacon drippings, add onion and garlic. Saute until tender.
- Add flour and stir 2 minutes. Gradually whisk in milk and let thicken. Add chopped spinach, lemon juice and zest, heating through.
- Stir in Parmesan cheese, bacon and adjust seasonings to taste.