Recipe by ColCadsMom
I found this recipe on an old newspaper archive from Portsmouth, NH. I am posting it for a menu for Australia Day/Waitangi Day.
Top Review by llangrove
What is St. David's Day dinner without leeks? I was searching for a new recipe and when I saw that two of Recipezaar's resident cooking goddesses, Kittencal and French Tart, both had given this recipe rave reviews, I knew it would be good! I followed the recipe exactly as written. Wonderful! Thanks, ColCadsMom!
- 4 large leeks
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 dash cayenne
- 3 drops lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice 4 large leeks into 1/4 inch rounds(white part only).
- Saute leeks in 2 tablespoons butter in a until wilted.
- Add a cup of chicken broth and boil liquid down by half.
- Add cream, salt, and pepper and reduce until thick and perfect.
- Add a dash of cayenne and a few drops of lemon juice.