Recipe by Shirl (J) 831
Traditional. Adopted from zaar. This is the one I had to fight Jeff Hixson for :)
- 4 ounces pickled herring in sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup apple, Tart, Finely Diced
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon white onion, Finely Diced
Directions See How It's Made
- Puree the herring (sauce and all) in a food processor or blender until smooth.
- Add all the other ingredients and continue to process until smooth.
- Cover and chill.
- SUGGESTED DIPPERS: Cocktail Rye Bread, Lavasch Crackers, Broccoli, Cherry Tomatoes, Zucchini.